* Guest-Book *
Dr CHALHOUB Tannous
of Science in Mechanical Engineering,
Department of Thermodynamics and Heat Engines, Specialization:
Maintenance of Turbines, Patrice Lumumba Peoples’ Friendship
University, Moscow, Diploma with Honours, Theme of thesis: Gas turbine
of 3.8 MW output for
||DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph. D.) in Technical
Sciences, Moscow Power Institute, Steam and Gas Turbines Department, Thesis:
Elaboration of a method to calculate the losses in the turbo-machinery
diffusers taking into consideration the walls vibration.
||Teaching at the Higher Technique Institute, and
at the Lebanese University (Faculties of Art and Sciences), part time.
||Teaching at the Bright Star Technique University, Libya.
||Full time teaching at the Lebanese University
(Art and Engineering Faculties).
||Giving a special course (Industrial safety) for
the high technique teachers.
||Full time teaching at the Faculty of Engineering, Lebanese University.
- Languages: French, English, Russian
skills: Fortran IV, Fluent, Gambit, AutoCAD, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- ¤ Professional Safety in the Lebanese Industry, Study
supported by the Lebanese National Council for Scientific Researches (LNCSR), 1994-1996.
- ¤ Noise in the Lebanese Industry, Study supported by
- ¤ Perspectives to use the Natural Gas in Lebanon, 2002.
- ¤ Monitoring the atmospheric pollution from the Thermal
Power Plants in Lebanon, 2003.
- ¤ The problems of creation of the steam turbines of new
generation (with the collaboration of the steam and gas turbines laboratory at
the Moscow Power Institute), 2003-2004.
- ¤ Thermal efficiency of the residential buildings - Application: Tripoli [Lebanon], 2004-2005.
- ¤ Energy saving at the Municipalities in North Lebanon, 2004-2006.
- ¤ Energy saving at the residential buildings in Lebanon
(Application: North Lebanon), Study supported by Research Program of the Lebanese
- Articles in international journals
- 1. The boundary layer calculation in the diffusers, Moscow Power Institute Journal, 1986 (in Russian).
- 2. The mathematical simulation of the flow in the peripheral zones in the
condensation steam turbines’ last stages with introduction of punched screen, Journal of Heavy Industry, Moscow, N.7, 2004 (in
- 1- The Flow separation mechanism in the
turbo-machinery diffusers, Technical Studies Journal, Bright Star University, Libya, 1991 (in Arabic).
- 2- Jet engines for use in the ground, Al-Mouhandess Journal, Beirut, N.12, 1993 (in Arabic).
- 3- Gas turbines’ diagnostics, Al-Mouhandess Journal, Beirut, N.8, 1994 (in Arabic).
- 4- The environmental conditions in the Lebanese
Industry, Al-Mouhandess Journal, Beirut, 1997 (in Arabic).
- 5- Industrial Safety in Lebanon, Abaad, Journal of Lebanese
and Arabic studies, N.7, 1998 (in
- 6- The ''cancer'' attacks the reinforced
concrete, Al-Mouhandess Journal, Beirut, N.9, 1999 (in Arabic).
- 7- The environmental acoustics in the Lebanese
Industry, Al-Mouhandess Journal, Beirut, N.16, 2003 (in Arabic).
- 8- Functional properties of the
turbulent boundary layer, Lebanese scientific Journal, Volume 4, N.2, 2003.
- 9- The atmospheric pollution of the thermal power
plants in Lebanon, Al-Mouhandess Journal, Beirut, N.18, 2004 (in French).
- 10- The energy saving at the municipal level, Al-Mouhandess Journal, Beirut, N.21, 2006 (in French).
- 11- The ways of the electrical energy reduction at
the residential level, Handassa Journal, Tripoli-Lebanon, February 2008 (in
Participation at the
- 1. Jet engines for the use on the ground, Energy saving and renewable
energy conference, Bright Star University, Libya, 1991.
- 2. Professional safety at the Lebanese industry, Problems of environment in Lebanon:
reality and alternative, organized by the Lebanese Centre of political studies, January 1997.
- 3. The influence of the vacuum distortion in the
condenser on the turbine output of the power plant in Hreiche - North Lebanon, The Mechanical Engineers’
First Congress, organized by the Order
of Engineers and Architects, Beirut, June 1999.
- 4. The perspective of use of natural gas in Lebanon, Renewable
energy Lebanon-Syrian scientific conference, organized by the LNCSR, March
- 5. Atmospheric pollution of the thermal power
plants in Lebanon, Air quality workshop, organized by ALMEE, ADEME (France)
and ESIB Beirut, February 2004.
- 6. Exploitation of numerical tools in the field of
turbomachines, The sixth Jordanian international mechanical engineering conference, Jordan - Amman, October 2007.
- 7. The use of solar energy in Lebanon, The third international
Francophone conference of advanced mechanics, Aleppo, Syria, April 2008.
- 8. The Lebanese housing in the energetic framework, The ninth international meeting on energetic physics, Bechar University, Algeria, October 2008.
- 1. ÇáÓáÇãÉ ÇáÕäÇÚíÉ æÈíÆÉ ÇáÚãá Ýí ÇáÕäÇÚÉ ÇááÈäÇäíÉ
– ÇáãÑßÒ ÇááÈäÇäí ááÏÑÇÓÇÊ, Beirut, 1998.
- 2. Repowering the aging steam turbines: a new idea in the field of energy
production, Order of
Engineers and Architects, Beirut, Publication 33, December 2004.
- 3. Efficacité énergétique des
bâtiments résidentiels – Application: Tripoli [Liban], Order of Engineers and Architects, Beirut, Publication 39, May 2006.
- 4. Hydro-gaz-dynamique, Université Libanaise,
Faculté de Génie, Département de Mécanique, Tripoli-Lebanon, 2006.
- 5. Turbomachines, Université Libanaise,
Faculté de Génie, Département de Mécanique, Tripoli-Lebanon, 2007.
- 6. La sécurité professionnelle en
entreprises industrielles, Université Libanaise, Faculté de Génie, Département de Mécanique, Tripoli-Lebanon,
2007 (en arabe).
- ¤ 1999: The increasing of stage turbine efficiency, Moscow
Power Institute, Steam and Gas turbines Laboratory.
- ¤ 2002: Steam turbines concept of new generation,
Moscow Power Institute, Steam and Gas turbines Laboratory.
- ¤ 2001: Euro-Mediterranean policy on energy, project
MEDA of the European comity, Beirut.
- ¤ 2003:Thermal
efficiency of buildings, organized by ALMEE and ADEME (France) within the
framework of PEEC, Portemilio, Lebanon.
- ¤ 2004: Energy saving in municipalities, workshop
organized by the Ministry of energy and water resources with l’IEPF (Québec),
ADEME, la région Wallonne and ALMEE.
- ¤ 2005: Improvement of
turbomachines elements, Moscow Power Institute, Steam and Gas turbines Laboratory.
- ¤ 2005: Numerical methods in fluid mechanics. Laboratoire de
modélisation et simulation numérique en mécanique et génie des procédés, UMR
6181 CNRS/Université Aix-Marseille/IMT/la jetée- Technopole de Château-Gombert.
- Descriptive Geometry (1986-2000), Physics
(1987-1988), Differential and Integral calculations (1988-1991), Strength of
materials (1986-1989), Acoustics and noise control (1992-2000), Compressors and
Blowers (1989-1991), Hydraulic Machines (1989-1991), Quality Control
(1987,1988, 2000, 2001), Energy Production/thermal power plants(2000, 2001),
Turbulence (course for the DEA program 2002), Gas Dynamics (1996 till now),
Fluid Mechanics (2001 till now), Turbo-machines (Steam and gas turbines) (1996
till now), Industrial safety in mechanical engineering (2001 till now),
Academic and professional
- 1997-2000: Member of the
mechanical engineering office in the Order of engineers and architects, Beirut, Lebanon.
- 2001-2004, 2007-2008: Chairman
of the Mechanical Engineering Department, Faculty of Engineering, Lebanese
University, Tripoli, Lebanon.
- 2008-2009: Local consultant
for CRI (consultation and research Institute) within EU-OMSAR, technical
assistance and support to Municipalities in fields of local development, Lebanon.
- Lebanon, Tripoli,
el-Kobbeh, Lebanese University, Faculty of Engineering, Branch 1
- Tel: 06-385091, Mobile: 70-787689, Fax: 06-385089, or Tel/Fax: 06-417337